2013 Fiber Arts Resolutions:
- Knit a pullover/in the round type sweater: 2012 was the year of cardigans and vests, I want 2013 to be the year of pullovers! And I really want to start with this one: Dragonflies pullover
- Going off of the last one, I would love to knit a bulky yarns sweater, because there are so many pretty ones :)
- Last year I wanted to conquer lace and I feel like I did. Well this year I want to FINISH something lace, with very few mistakes. I have some amazing bison blend yarn that would make a lovely lace scarf!
- Felt something, anything.
- Learn more cast-on's and bind-off's. Because I just didn't do it last year and I know it would be beneficial to know.
- Design another pair of worsted weight socks. They always seem to go over so well. It's my dream to publish a whole book of worsted socks!
- Design a pair of sock-weight socks. Just for the fun of it!
- Design and publish something other than socks and submit something to at least 2 publications. I didn't get into Knitty, but I got great response from the editor and I want to try again with them and others.
- Spin something other than worsted/bulky. I would love to make a fingering weight yarn.
- Learn to blend fibers through plying when spinning (like merino and nylon). This goes back to the above point.
- Learn different types of drafts and how to know when to use which. I am still stuck in a rut of doing the same thing every time, whether it works for that roving or not.
- Learn how to properly dye with natural materials (flowers, roots etc)
The list is shorter this year :( But I think it's also tougher. I am really excited to start some of these things and I think I am going to hit up Wildflower as soon as I get back for the yarn for that pull-over. I need something to do with the last 2 weeks of my break.
As for life, I have a few resolutions as well.
-Keep up with the strides I made in my artwork, diet, exercise, and social life. I did so well this year and I really want it to just keep going up.
-Stop bugging my friends so much. I think I am addicted to my phone and texting people, and then I get frustrated when they don't reply. So that's something I want to work on this year.
-Stop worrying about the little things and over obsessing. Especially about guy issues.
I hope this year goes well, and I really hope I don't forget all the things I said I'd do. I really do want to keep my resolutions this year.
What are your resolutions? Anything you really want to learn to do this year? I'd love to hear. :P